School will be not in session for students on Friday, October 20th for a Professional Day and also on Monday, October 23rd for our Curriculum Implementation Day. Students will return back to school on Tuesday, October 24th.
We will be taking part in the B.C. Shakeout Earthquake Drill tomorrow morning (Thu. Oct. 19th) at 10:00am. We will be joining other schools, and institutions throughout our province to practice our Earthquake procedures. This practice will entail all staff and students practicing a “drop and cover” procedure in their classrooms followed by an evacuation of classes to the lower field. We will then return back to class. We will be holding two further Earthquake drill procedures later in the school year.
At Capitol Hill we believe it is healthy for children to get outside throughout the day for fresh air and exercise. Living on the West Coast we know that our climate contains a consistent amount of rainfall especially as the fall and winter months approach. It makes sense that in our climate we are well prepared to be outside in the rain. We have begun going outside during every recess even if is raining. It is very important for students to dress appropriately in the event of this wet weather. Please talk with your child(ren) to ensure that they have a suitable coat and footwear for rainy days.
Being prepared for the weather
We know that if children are well prepared to be outside in the rain they actually enjoy it. As long as they stay dry and warm there is a great deal of fun to be had in all kinds of weather. To be prepared to be outside in the rain it is important for your child to have:
- A rain coat or water resistant covering
- Rubber boots to keep feet dry (if you are able to provide them with a pair to keep at school that would be perfect)
- “Muddy Buddies” – rain pants they can quickly slip over their clothes (much like they would snow pants)
- An umbrella
- A rain hat or coat with a hood
- A change of clothes just in case. (sweatpants, sock, underwear, t-shirt)
Posted October 12, 2017Our students have been enjoying their Hip Hop Dance lessons this past week are now ready to show their moves! Please come and join us for their dance performance today […]
Posted October 11, 2017Next PAC MEETING is tonight (Wed. Oct. 11th) 6:30-8pm in the school library. Please enter through the back doors up the small flight of stair from the staff parking lot. Please visit the […]
Posted October 10, 2017Please see the attached notices for the information evenings for the MACC Program (Tuesday, Oct. 10th), and the BETA Mini School Program (Wednesday, Oct. 11th). MACC Info Flyer 2017pdf BETA […]
- December 15, 2016 No Comments
- December 12, 2016 No Comments
- November 24, 2016 No Comments
- November 18, 2016 No Comments
- November 14, 2016 No Comments
- November 2, 2016 No Comments
- October 28, 2016 No Comments
- October 19, 2016 No Comments
- October 13, 2016 No Comments
- October 12, 2016 No Comments